Monday, December 12, 2011

When I WAS a Cosplayer. ★


I was inspired with my friend, Jepii, as I blog-hopped his Tumblr Account last night. His post made me realize that, I WAS, ONCE, a Cosplayer.
Cosplay (コスプレ kosupure?), short for "costume play", is a type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea.
Here's my super very first cosplay. From the anime Onegai Sensei, I cosplayed Kazami Mizuho. Just to be honest, I'm not an anime fanatic, but I tend to watch some anime series when I was a kid. I HONESTLY don't know, or what character I am portraying.


Kazami Mizuho from Onegai Sensei.
Toycon 2008.

Going back, the Mizuho character was referred to me by my friend, Zha, a Panda Army Original member. (that's what we call our cosplay group way back 2007). She has this costume made for herself and she asked me to wear it for her on the next con. I was a bit scared because Zha is a petite and sexy girl, and I was like -- Majin Buu (Dragon Ball) -- LOL :)) Thank God the costume fits me.


Maya Natsume Black Version from Tenjou Tenge.
World Cyber Games 2008.

I chose Maya Natsume's Black Version way back then, simply because the costume is very easy to find. The white polo and black skirt was bought from an ukay-ukay and the sword that I'm holding on the photo was bought from Divisoria.



Yuuko Ichihara from XXX Holic.
Cosplaymania 2008.

I was Yuuko Ichihara. I borrowed the costume from Ate Rue, a cosplayer who I knew only online via Multiply. Isn't it amazing? Someone you haven't met before, trusted you and let you borrowed her costumes?! Isn't she the sweetest?


Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach.
Ozine Fest 2008.

Have you noticed something? What does Maya, Kazami, Matsumoto, and Tsunade have in common?

I love cosplaying anime women who has a huge boobies :) It just fits the real me and can cover up a lot of stomach fats. *evil smirk*

Kidding aside...



Tsunade from Naruto.
UP Diliman Photoshoot 2009.

Here's my last (at hindi na/pa nasundan).. Me as Tsunade, the 5th Hokage in the anime Naruto. I love her so much! I'm a huge fan of her, she's full of strength and fears no one. I had an opportunity to cosplay her because of Marky. He invited me to cosplay Tsunade for their Naruto photoshoot at UP Diliman. Well, the costume wasn't 100%, but, I tried :))

Just like what Jepii said, "Ang nakakatuwa pa, pagdating pa lang namin sa event, may lumapit agad saken para magpapicture. Ang sarap pala sa pakiramdam ng ganun. Buong araw na may nagpapicture saken. Nakakapagod pero masayang experience.

Hindi man ako kumita dito, may alaala naman akong babaunin na pwede kong ikwento.. Na naging cosplayer ako. :D"

The feeling is mutual. ♥
at 11:55:00 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails