Monday, July 2, 2012

Honor God. Make Disciples.


Victory is a Christ-centered, Bible-based, Spirit-empowered, disciple-making, mission driven church that exists to honor God and make disciples. It meets in thirteen locations in Metro Manila and has planted churches in over thirty-five other Philippine localities.


Thank you SRG Marikina for letting me experience this one of a kind enlightening event.

Last Thursday (06.27.2012), we had our recollection at Victory Robinsons East. It will be my first time to enter that room which I thought we're not allowed to attend mass. I thought it is exclusive only for a certain religion. But I was wrong. Everyone is welcome.

I was culture-shock at first, because of the concert-like introduction. Yet, they sing Christian songs, more of about God, somewhat similar to Hillsong United. It was cool actually, I think I'm just used to attend a solemn mass in a church - that's why.

There are also a part wherein, leaders & pastors are speaking up in front to give their testimonies. Something like they are going to introduce themselves and talk about their experience related to a certain topic, give lessons in life.

For example:


Meet Diane. It was my first time to meet her. We had this activity wherein we need to look at each other and   we act as one as the listener, and the other is the speaker, then vice-versa and talk anything under the sun. It was cool and difficult at the same time. You can't comment on each other's testimonies verbally. So it was really hard for me not to comment on her stories.

The lesson during our recollection, is all about our Purpose in life.


Here's one of my favorite Bible verses that Diane and Victory taught me.

"For I know the plans, I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 at 8:13:00 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails