Thursday, July 15, 2010

Welcomes Reality ★


Am I really now a certified salary earner?
I'm very much excited about it but at the same time, nervous.

As a nursing student, admit it or not, is no longer practical here in the Philippines. Most nurses do all the training WITHOUT being paid. They're called Volunteers. You are trained because you need a one year experience for you to be able to work abroad. How sad, isn't it?

If you are going to ask me, I want to work here in the Philippines. And I'm really serious about it. I believe that I can earn the dollars here in my own country. Call me patriotic or whatsoever, but honestly speaking, if I'm going to go abroad, I want it to be somewhat like a trip or tour, nothing more, nothing less.

So now, WE ALL KNOW, that nurses, most especially under boards, go with this kind of career. The most common place where nurses are applying to answer phones and help customers with their needs and complaints.

It's the Call Center Industry. Yeah, I know.

I had a lot of job offers the last week, and if I'm going to compare the salary rates, I don't want to go with the minimum. I finished a 4-year course and all I get is a minimum wage? No thanks :)

Anyhow, I'll be starting my work this Monday July 19, 2010. I'll be working at TeleTech Customer Care Management Philippines Inc. And to start my week...


I had a 1pm scheduled medical exam and a 4pm scheduled Job Offer.
While waiting for 2 hours, I treat myself for a mini-celebration. *throws confetti*


For the last 30 minutes of waiting, I played Soul Calibur 2 at Tom'z World.
I miss playing Soul Calibur most especially in a conquest mode.
I made a new account named Anna. I had a back-to-zero class. *sad*

Thank you God for giving me this great opportunity. I am very happy that, finally, I will be able to source out my own income to support my brother's schooling and for my needs.
at 7:14:00 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails